Programs for Children and Youth
We serve God by assisting in the formation of Christians from birth through age 12, using hands on, child-centered programs nestled in a diverse, loving, and Episcopal community. For more information, contact Mila Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursery for birth to age 3: Loving care during church services and select meetings. Nursery is provided at the 10:15, 1:00, & 5:30 services.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd for age 3-9: A Montessori-based program in which young children work, pray, play, engage, and come to know and love Christ, the Good Shepherd. Join us at 10:15am & 5:30pm for the evening service.
- Godly Play for age 10-12: Children become more fully aware of the mystery of God’s presence in their lives through parable, sacred story, silence, and liturgical action.
- Journey to Adulthood and Episcopal Youth Community for age 13-18: Youth group and spiritual formation that encourages relational ministry and uses Bible study, prayer, rites of passage, outreach ministries and both serious and playful activities to underscore that manhood and womanhood are free gifts from God, but that adulthood must be earned. The youth meet every Sunday after the 10:15 service, 11:45 – 1:00 pm. For more information, contact Christy Martin at email@example.com.
- Boy Scouts: For boys from St. James’ and beyond, the troop builds character, trains Scouts in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and develops personal fitness.
- Girl Scouts: Girls from St. James’ and beyond build courage, confidence, and character, and make the world a better place.